Craft Optimum Social Media Templates For Every Platform
Social media is an integral part of any digital marketing strategy. With billions of active users across platforms like Facebook, Instagram, Twitter, LinkedIn and more, social media offers unparalleled opportunities to connect with your target audience.
However, simply posting randomly will not lead to success. You need a strategic and organized approach to social media marketing. This is where using templates for your social media content comes in handy.
Why Use Social Media Templates?
Here are some key benefits of using pre-designed social media templates:
Creating customized images and posts for social media can be extremely time consuming. With templates, you can simply input your text and graphics into a pre-made design framework. This speeds up the content creation process significantly.
Maintain Brand Consistency
Using templates ensures all your social media posts have a consistent look and feel. This helps reinforce your brand identity across networks. Templates allow you to control colors, fonts, logos and imagery to match your desired branding.
Well-designed templates tailored for each platform often perform better than one-off posts. The uniformity and professional appearance of templated content helps grab attention and get more shares and interactions.
Having a library of templates makes it easy to plan and schedule social media marketing campaigns in advance. You can create templates for major events, promotions, holidays and more. This levels up your social media calendar.
Scale Your Efforts
With templates, you don’t need design resources to produce high volumes of branded content. A single designer can create various templates for your team to simply fill in with text and graphics as needed. This scalability makes templates ideal for agile marketing teams.
Templates give your social media team clear direction on content creation. They know exactly what is needed and the frameworks to work within for each platform. This minimizes mistakes and keeps productivity high.
Essential Template Types
Certain types of social media templates prove useful again and again. Having these core template formats on hand will facilitate easy creation of relevant, engaging content.
Image-focused posts perform exceptionally well across all social platforms. Image templates allow you to design branded frames to showcase products, behind-the-scenes photos, user generated content and more. Sizes can be adjusted as per platform requirements.
Customizable video templates are essential to add your branding to social videos. These can include intro and outro slides, lower thirds, subtitles, animated elements and logos. Using templates maintains consistent videos that reinforce your brand identity.
Carousels or slideshows allow you to share multiple images and videos in one post. Templates enable you to quickly design branded carousels optimized for each platform’s algorithm and aspect ratios.
Inspirational or thought-provoking quotes resonate well on social media. Dedicated quote graphics templates make it easy to overlay text on stunning visuals that captivate your audience.
Announcing sales, product launches, events and company news via templates gives them an official feel. Announcement post templates with space to highlight key details help convey your message clearly.
Holidays & Events
Holidays, cultural events, awareness days and other significant dates are great opportunities for relevant branded posts. Having templates ready to commemorate major events saves time and connects with audiences.
Social posts that highlight your employees and company culture perform well in terms of engagement and recruitment marketing. Dedicated templates allow you to showcase team members in a consistent, professional manner.
Give your followers a peek behind the curtains with behind-the-scenes templates. These can include photos or videos from your workspace, events, product development and more to build authenticity.
User Generated Content
User photos and videos featuring your brand make great social content. But it requires consent and proper attribution. Templates add your logo and insert the creator’s handle for UGC that also reinforces your brand.
Limited time special offers and discounts can be promoted via social media to boost sales. Dedicated offer post templates with space to highlight your promo details can spread the word.
Drive engagement on social media with contest and giveaway templates. These allow you to spell out contest mechanics, prizes, entry rules and deadlines clearly and creatively.
Crafting Templates For Each Platform
While you can repurpose some templates across multiple platforms, the best results come from crafting specialized templates tailored for each social media platform. Keep these guidelines in mind:
- Share images in the 1200 x 628 pixel size and HD video for best display on feeds and ads.
- Leverage carousels by using templates with up to 10 images or videos.
- Use relevant hashtags and @mentions in your post copy to extend reach.
- Include emojis and animated elements like gifs to add personality.
- Post text overlaid on colorful or high contrast images that stand out in feeds.
- Add a clickable call-to-action button to drive traffic to your website.
- Optimal image size is 1080 x 1080 pixels for square posts. You can also make templates at the 5:4 ratio.
- Take advantage of carousels and Stories templates.
- Make templates with minimal but high impact text overlays that are legible on mobile screens.
- Use Instagram’s themed creative tools and interactive elements like polls and sliders.
- Add branded borders, patterns and filters to your templates for visual intrigue.
- Ideal image sizes are 1024 x 512 pixels or 800 x 415 pixels with longer aspect ratios.
- Keep text concise within the 280 character tweet limit when designing templates.
- Leverage Twitter Cards to add images, videos and other media that stands out in the feed.
- Make multi-part tweet templates and threads to share more content.
- Use hashtags strategically in your template text to target relevant conversations.
- Recommended image dimensions are 1200 x 627 pixels and video files under 5MB.
- Create templates for popular LinkedIn post formats like articles, photo posts, polls and links.
- Maintain a professional tone for your post copy. Avoid overuse of emojis and humor.
- Include relevant hashtags for your industry but don’t go overboard. 1-2 per post is enough.
- Make CTA and announcement templates vibrant by using LinkedIn’s colored background option.
- Pin vertical images in the correct size of 1000 x 1500 pixels. Square templates also work at 1000 x 1000.
- Optimize quote and text templates with the ideal length of 150 characters for Pins.
- Use consistent branded colors, logos, watermarks and fonts on your templates for a cohesive look.
- Create Pinterest ad templates in landscape sizes like 1200 x 628 pixels.
- Add clickable website link buttons on template pins to drive traffic.
- Template sizes for YouTube profile images, channel art and thumbnails are: 800 x 800, 2560 x 1440 and 1280 x 720 pixels respectively.
- Maximize clickability with bold colors, attractive fonts and effective text overlay positioning.
- Include localization options in titles by having template fields for different languages.
- Maintain brand consistency with colors, logo placement, intros/outros and end cards.
- Leverage TikTok’s creative tools to add interactive elements like stickers, text and visual effects in templates.
- Keep text concise with major elements centrally aligned for legibility on small mobile screens.
- Use captions or on-screen text in templates to convey more details for short video formats.
- Employ popular music clips, hashtags and viral video styles to make engaging templates.
- Template dimensions for Snapchat ads are 1080 x 1920 pixels for vertical and 1080 x 1080 for square.
- Use animation and AR lenses in your templates to take advantage of Snapchat’s unique features.
- Add branded geofilters and lenses for user generated content campaigns.
- Leverage templates to run effective Snapchat story ad campaigns.
Helpful Tools To Build Your Template Library
Crafting social media templates from scratch in design software can be time consuming. Here are some useful tools that make template creation fast and easy:
- Canva: Provides professionally designed templates for all social platforms that are customizable. Also has stock imagery and fonts.
- Crello: Intuitive drag and drop editor to modify customizable templates across social networks. Has great graphic assets.
- Adobe Spark: Lets you make branded social posts and videos using themed templates and automation. Integrates with other Adobe apps.
- Snappa: Features a wide array of templates, fonts and stock photos to create social graphics and videos fast.
- Over: Enables collaborators to modify and reuse templates for consistency and scalability. Has task management features.
- InVideo: Helps make short branded videos for social using pre-made templates and stock footage. Provides collaboration tools.
- Kapwing: Browser-based design platform with templates, icons and media to build customized social posts.
- Stencil: Provides access to a huge library of social media templates from many leading brands to inspire your designs.
- Tailwind: Lets you schedule Pinterest content efficiently including templates for Pins, video Pins and Instagram posts.
- Buffer: Enables planning and scheduling templated social media updates across platforms and also analyzes performance.
Measuring The Success Of Templates
The true measure of an effective social media template is quantifiable results. Be sure to analyze the engagement and conversion rates of your templated content to glean insights and continuously improve.
Calculate engagement rate by dividing interactions (likes, comments, shares, clicks etc) by reach for each post. Compare engagement rates for templated vs non-templated posts.
Click Through Rate
Click through rate shows how many people actually clicked your call-to-action button or link. Higher CTR signifies greater template effectiveness at prompting action.
Conversion rate measures the percentage of post viewers or engagers that complete a desired action like signing up, making a purchase etc. This reveals how well your template converted traffic.
Track brand name mentions and hashtag volumes to see if your templates spur more conversations about your brand on social media.
Consistently good templates that provide value to your audience can organically grow your follower base over time. Monitor follower numbers weekly or monthly.
Cost Per Result
For paid promotions of templated posts, compare spend with tangible results like link clicks and conversions to derive your cost per result.
Building an arsenal of high-quality, branded social media templates takes time upfront but is worth the effort. Well-designed templates will streamline your marketing efforts, systematize content creation and amplify your brand across social platforms. Begin brainstorming template ideas tailored to your brand identity and target audience. With consistent use and testing, you’ll discover which templates perform best and can become permanent fixtures in your social media toolkit.
- 1 Craft Optimum Social Media Templates For Every Platform
- 1.1 Why Use Social Media Templates?
- 1.2 Essential Template Types
- 1.3 Crafting Templates For Each Platform
- 1.4 Helpful Tools To Build Your Template Library
- 1.5 Measuring The Success Of Templates