What Are the Best Practices for Repurposing Webinar Content and Replays?
Your webinar content offers extensive repurposing potential across formats, channels and timeframes. Follow these best practices to maximize the value of your webinar library:
Edit and Shorten The Recording
Edit the webinar video to optimize replay value:
- Tighten by removing unnecessary pauses, technical glitches, inside jokes etc. that detract from main content flow.
- Insert graphics/b-roll over slides to maintain visual interest during lengthy explanations.
- Break into a series by extracting and timestamping key segments for separate consumption.
- Shorten by speeding up less critical sections using video editing tools.
- Enhance audio quality using normalization, volume leveling, noise cancellation etc.
- Insert chapter titles/navigation and optimize metadata for discoverability.
A condensed, polished recording holds audience attention and gets more on-demand views.
Repurpose Into Snackable Video Clips
Slice full-length webinar recordings into snackable short video clips:
- Extract 5-10 minute segments covering individual topics, key insights or examples from the webinar.
- Create compilation highlight clips with the top takeaways, memo bytes and memorable moments.
- Use clips as teasers and trailers to promote future webinars.
- Link back to the full recording for more context.
Bite-sized video clips suit today’s limited attention spans and get shared across social media.
Generate text transcripts using automated transcription or manual notes:
- Enables text search, copy-pasting and accessibility for vision-impaired users.
- Break down transcripts into formatted articles or downloadable documents.
- Highlight and pull bite-sized quotes for social media.
- Translate transcripts into other languages to widen reach.
Text transcripts exponentially boost content repurposing options.
Share slide decks on your blog, site or platforms like SlideShare:
- Reorder slides into logical standalone sequences with summaries.
- Expand slide points into full paragraphs for better comprehension.
- Embed into blog posts/articles as visual aids.
Slide decks repurposed and repacked create new value.
Convert key data, stats and takeaways into engaging infographics:
- Use timeline formats for historical evolutions, process flows and workflows etc.
- Visualize data comparisons, rankings and representations using charts.
- Transform concepts into models, frameworks and pictorial depictions.
Infographics make complex information easily digestible.
Curate Top Posts
Curate a “Best of” blog post with top reader questions, lessons, tweets, resources etc.:
- Embed relevant social posts, comments and visuals to showcase engagement.
- Link to related content for further reading.
A curated “best of” draws in fresh readers and reshares.
Pull and Expand Key Quotes
Mine transcript and slides for impactful quotes and soundbites:
- Use as social media images, captions and video text overlays.
- Publish quote collections in blog posts, images series etc.
- Attribute quotes to speakers by linking back to webinar.
Shareworthy quotes travel far and wide across the internet.
Host Ask Me Anything (AMA) Sessions
Host interactive text or video AMA-style sessions with your speakers:
- Promote attendees to suggest questions before and after the webinar.
- Select and answer popular questions in a conversational video or post.
- Link back to the webinar for more context.
AMAs continue conversations beyond the webinar.
Update Related Content
Update existing related content and resources:
- Link blog posts and landing pages to relevant sections of new webinar recording.
- Cross-link old and new content across your site and channels.
- Create updated versions of related content assets like whitepapers, case studies etc. with webinar findings.
Refreshing correlated content maximizes discoverability.
Promote Related Webinars
Cross-promote other related webinars:
- Create suggested viewing playlists of thematically grouped recordings.
- Feature complementary webinars through end-screens, recommended video overlays, linked texts etc.
- Make newest webinars readily discoverable and accessible across channels.
- Promote future webinars in series targeting the same audience interests.
Cross-linking builds a sticky content ecosystem that retains audiences.
Repurpose Supporting Assets
Reuse tangible deliverables and webinar collateral:
- Catalog worksheets, templates, studies etc. shared during webinar for downloads.
- Integrate hands-on activities, lessons and exercises into online courses or coaching programs.
- Reuse polls, surveys, quizzes and assessment tools on your website and other webinars.
Applied assets multiply the webinar’s practical utility.
Create Related Content
Produce fresh content expanding on webinar topics:
- Series of follow-up interviews with individual speakers.
- Panel discussions and point-counterpoints on debated topics.
- Case studies and whitepapers validating key concepts with data.
- Blog posts, videos, podcasts etc. providing additional contexts.
- Updated research, surveys, reports etc. on webinar topics.
Supplementary content sustains interest and positions your expertise.
Promote to New Audiences
Repurpose content to reach new audiences:
- Summarize key points from a technical webinar into plain language for non-experts.
- Translate foreign language recordings by adding subtitles.
- Create versions tailored to different regional/cultural contexts.
- Adapt across ages groups like youth and seniors.
Your webinar likely holds value beyond your core audience. Find creative ways to present the core concepts and insights to new demographics for expanded impact.
With strategic repurposing, your webinar content can enjoy extended shelf life across an expanding range of formats, channels and audiences well after the live event.
Continuously explore innovative content packaging tailored to different consumption behaviors and segments. Dig deeper into your webinar library for hidden gems that can be reimagined and revived in fresh contexts.
The more creative ways you can extract further value, the greater your content ROI. Use repurposing to establish your brand as an authoritative source of high-quality education that engages audiences over the long haul.
- 1 What Are the Best Practices for Repurposing Webinar Content and Replays?
- 1.1 Edit and Shorten The Recording
- 1.2 Repurpose Into Snackable Video Clips
- 1.3 Create Transcripts
- 1.4 Slide Share, Reorder and Expand
- 1.5 Create Infographics
- 1.6 Curate Top Posts
- 1.7 Pull and Expand Key Quotes
- 1.8 Host Ask Me Anything (AMA) Sessions
- 1.9 Update Related Content
- 1.10 Promote Related Webinars
- 1.11 Repurpose Supporting Assets
- 1.12 Create Related Content
- 1.13 Promote to New Audiences
- 1.14 Conclusion