Promoting Your Webinar for Maximum Registrations and Live Views
Even the most compelling webinars struggle to make impacts without effective promotion driving registrations and attendance. But strategic marketing and outreach tailored to digital events sustains awareness building to event day.
This comprehensive guide covers essential tactics for promoting webinars through owned channels, partnerships, communities and paid advertising. Follow these best practices to cost-effectively maximize registrations and live viewership.
Use this marketing advice whether launching a standalone webinar or recurring webinar series to consistently pack virtual rooms. Promotion channels the audience.
Create Dedicated Landing Pages Highlighting Webinar Value
Send all promotional channels to dedicated landing pages showcasing webinar merits over normal site navigation.
Effective landing pages include:
- Benefit-focused headline and description selling the webinar’s value
- Bio and credentials establishing the speaker’s authority
- Logistical details like time, duration and delivery platform
- Calls-to-action enabling seamless registration
- Client, partner or press logos social proofing credibility
- Testimonials evidencing satisfaction delivering results
- Sample webinar content like videos and presentations
- Easy sharing functionality to pass onto peers
Dedicated conversion-focused pages sell webinars more persuasively than general site menus.
Promote Through Email Sequences to Current Subscribers
Email current related lists like customers and prior webinar attendees inviting registration.
Best practices include:
- Segmenting lists by expected affinity to maximize open rates
- Catchy email subject lines clearly conveying event benefits
- Brief descriptions focused on listener takeaways over generic pitches
- Listing speakers, partners or sponsors adding credibility
- Showcasing past webinar satisfaction through reviews and testimonials
- Countdown series reminding of remaining time for early bird pricing Emails to existing audiences convert warm leads already familiar with your authority in the topic area.
Craft Webinar-Specific Social Media Posts Across Platforms
Promote webinars through dedicated social media campaigns on all major channels.
Adapt posts for each platform creatively:
- Short teaser videos building intrigue on TikTok
- Polls and Q&As getting audience input on Instagram and Twitter
- Carousel and slideshow posts pitching webinar merits on Facebook
- Hashtag campaigns rallying communities on Linkedin
- Behind the scenes clips and quotes humanizing speakers on Youtube
Customized social promotions targeted directly to each platform’s norms perform best rather than cookie-cutter crossposting.
Seed Buzz by Interviewing and Featuring Speakers
Generate intrigue by releasing prerecorded interviews, profiles and thought-pieces spotlighting webinar speakers on your blog, podcast or media properties.
Content possibilities include:
- Speaker bios and background stories
- Q&A interviews revealing insights
- Compilations of a speaker’s best advice and predictions
- Articles showcasing a speaker’s authority on your shared niche and topics
- Inside peeks at a speaker’s projects, workflows or daily rituals
- Playlists of a speaker’s most popular related content
Feature content makes speakers feel like familiar industry celebrities rather than anonymous lecturers.
Recruit Online Communities and Forums as Affiliates
Recruit related online groups you participate in to help spread the word as affiliates compensated for promotions.
Smart community outreach tactics:
- Share event dates in your forums signature with customs links for tracking
- Float idea of special members-only discounts for community sharing
- Propose giveaways awarding community gift cards for top referrers
- Ask about promoting through their mailing lists and social media
- Offer exclusive post-webinar Q&As just for referring community members
Affiliate community seeding cost-effectively taps into highly targeted niches as trusted advocates.
Negotiate Joint Promotions with Strategic Partners
Discuss cross-promotional partnerships with non-competing brands in overlapping niches.
- Send co-branded invites to each other’s customer and prospect lists
- Swap ads promoting webinars to each other’s audiences
- Co-author joint promotional content like articles co-presenting insights
- Give partners’ attendees special discounts and bonuses
- Provide discounts to partners in exchange for promotional favors
- Compensate influencers and ambassadors to spread awareness
Joint force multiplication with partners accelerates spread through pre-vetted audiences.
Promote in External Newsletters, Magazines and Podcasts
Earn media coverage about your webinar in publications your audience already follows.
Possible outreach angles include:
- Contributed articles bylined by webinar speakers with sign-up links
- Quotes and insights provided by speakers for relevant stories
- Sponsored newsletter ads announcing your webinar as worthy events
- Guest appearance spots on podcasts discussing webinar topics
- Roundup features of top recommended niche webinars and summits
Credible media endorsements lend third-party validation converting impressions into registrations.
Make Social Referrals Fast and Frictionless
Empower satisfied viewers to easily share your webinar through handy social widgets, icons and links:
- Facebook, Twitter, LinkedIn, Pinterest and email share buttons
- Links prefilling social posts with previews, details and signup CTAs
- Popup widgets following scrollers to drive shares
- Click to tweet or share quote images from speakers
- In-webinar reminders and incentives to share live experiences
The more referrals get socially broadcasted, the greater the organic peer exposures to passive potential viewers.
Create Urgency with Limited-Time Pricing and Bonuses
Encourage rapid signups through time-pressured tactics like:
- Discount early bird pricing deadlines
- Exclusive launch bonuses only for first X registrants
- Hourly countdown clocks visibly running out
- Hard registration capacity limits warning of selling out
- Late bird pricing penalties for those delaying
- Contests and giveaways prioritizing earliest registrants
Psychological tricks limit procrastination capitalizing on natural urgency desire for deals.
Advertise Through Paid Ads to Cold Audiences
Balance outbound sales to captive audiences with paid ads delivering qualified cold traffic.
Some recommended approaches:
- Run paid search ads on speaker names and webinar niche keywords
- Retarget visitors who left your landing pages without registering
- Buy sponsored ads in newsletters of non-competing businesses
- Test freemium clicks to signup offers attracting broader audiences
- Create lookalike audiences of current customers for similar targeting
Paid ads put your webinar in front of aligned audiences that have never heard of you, expanding reach.
Remarket Past Webinar Leads and Registrants
Remarket your webinar to past related leads nurtured through emails and ads:
- Old registrants and attendees from your events list
- New followers generated from gated content offers
- Former prospects who previously showed interest
- Customers from your CRM aligned to webinar topics
- Existing email list segment unengaged from past sends
Warm leads familiar with you convert higher than entirely unexposed audiences requiring extensive education.
Track Referral Sources Referencing UTM Tags
Append UTM tracking codes to webinar links in promotions to identify what outreach delivers:
- utm_source for referring sites like Google, Twitter, LinkedIn etc.
- utm_medium for channel like email, social, PPC
- utm_campaign for specific initiatives like ad sets, newsletter sends etc.
Tagging provides attribution revealing your highest converting traffic sources to double down on.
Continuously Optimize Landing Pages Through A/B Testing
Subtly alter landing page elements like copy, designs, offers etc. to incrementally raise conversions through A/B split testing.
Some elements to test:
- Headline focus and phrasing
- Key copy points and value propositions
- Order of information hierarchy
- Layouts emphasizing certain sections
- Contrasting “list of speakers” vs “featured speaker” focuses
- Urgency levels on offers and deadlines
- Content formats like text vs. video vs. bulleted lists
- CTAs phrasing like “Register” vs. “Sign Up” vs. “Save My Seat”
Minor tweaks driven by hard data continually lift performance beyond guesswork.
Reaching aligned audiences passionate about your webinar topic promises engaged attendees—but only if promotional efforts cut through the noise. Holistic outreach across multiple channels sustains awareness until event day arrives.
With creativity, persistence and data-driven optimization, you can cost-effectively drive maximum registrations to consistently pack virtual rooms using these webinar promotion best practices.
- 1 Promoting Your Webinar for Maximum Registrations and Live Views
- 1.1 Introduction
- 1.2 Create Dedicated Landing Pages Highlighting Webinar Value
- 1.3 Promote Through Email Sequences to Current Subscribers
- 1.4 Craft Webinar-Specific Social Media Posts Across Platforms
- 1.5 Seed Buzz by Interviewing and Featuring Speakers
- 1.6 Recruit Online Communities and Forums as Affiliates
- 1.7 Negotiate Joint Promotions with Strategic Partners
- 1.8 Promote in External Newsletters, Magazines and Podcasts
- 1.9 Make Social Referrals Fast and Frictionless
- 1.10 Create Urgency with Limited-Time Pricing and Bonuses
- 1.11 Advertise Through Paid Ads to Cold Audiences
- 1.12 Remarket Past Webinar Leads and Registrants
- 1.13 Track Referral Sources Referencing UTM Tags
- 1.14 Continuously Optimize Landing Pages Through A/B Testing
- 1.15 Conclusion